Every year I say this is the best Halloween yet! The only thing that would have made this year better is if Ben and I would have dressed up. Anna decided that I should be Ursula and that Ben should be her Prince Charming (no one was being supportive of my vampire idea). I couldn't bring myself to dress up as an Octopus, but next year we are going all out (at least that is the plan for now!) For dinner the Calder family came over for dinner before trick or treating. The kids had mummy hot dogs, orange drinks, orange chips, and ended the night by making spider cupcakes. While the adults ate a delicious dinner all made by Shannon it was so yummy! Then we were off to get our candy. There are 2 things that I have noticed that are very different then Utah trick or treating. The first is that we never have to even think about dressing warm. This took some getting use to, now I love it! The second is - the I will never forget the first Halloween that we were here I had a big bowl of candy and we only had 2 trick or treaters, yes only 2! I was so sad. This year we topped it by having 3 different groups come to the door. The positive is that when you go trick treating people are so excited that you are there they give you handfuls of candy. The parents don't love this but the kids sure do. One of the last houses that we went to only gave Anna one treat and she just stood there waiting for more. I had to laugh, she will learn once we live somewhere else. Until next year!
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Halloween
Every year I say this is the best Halloween yet! The only thing that would have made this year better is if Ben and I would have dressed up. Anna decided that I should be Ursula and that Ben should be her Prince Charming (no one was being supportive of my vampire idea). I couldn't bring myself to dress up as an Octopus, but next year we are going all out (at least that is the plan for now!) For dinner the Calder family came over for dinner before trick or treating. The kids had mummy hot dogs, orange drinks, orange chips, and ended the night by making spider cupcakes. While the adults ate a delicious dinner all made by Shannon it was so yummy! Then we were off to get our candy. There are 2 things that I have noticed that are very different then Utah trick or treating. The first is that we never have to even think about dressing warm. This took some getting use to, now I love it! The second is - the I will never forget the first Halloween that we were here I had a big bowl of candy and we only had 2 trick or treaters, yes only 2! I was so sad. This year we topped it by having 3 different groups come to the door. The positive is that when you go trick treating people are so excited that you are there they give you handfuls of candy. The parents don't love this but the kids sure do. One of the last houses that we went to only gave Anna one treat and she just stood there waiting for more. I had to laugh, she will learn once we live somewhere else. Until next year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
They are such cute princesses! What is it with these girls, Annie wouldn't be anything but Cinderella. Are you letting Anna's hair grow out?
I wish I would have known about you needing an Ursula costume. Savanna made me be Ursula last year- I would have been more than happy to lend you my costume.
Your girls look so cute in their costumes, sorry about Ben not dressing up as a vampire for you:)
Look at how cute they are! I love the warm Halloween weather, it makes such a big difference. I'm shocked you and Ben didn't dress up, is this a first?
Post a Comment