I was tagged by Holly. Here it is, the 6 unique things about me . . .
1. There has never been a night that I have gone to bed without kissing Ellie and Anna. It has to be right before I am going to go to sleep or I can't rest well.
2. I believe in love at first sight. I fell in love with Ben the first moment that I saw him at the age of 10. Now I know this sounds kind of silly but there was just something special about him. I was the girl that was just friends with all of the boys, so after being friends for several years (and Ben "going out" with all of my friends) we finally figured it out when we were 16. And I never looked back!
3. I was in my first swim meet a week after I turned 4. How my mom taught me to swim all the way across the pool when I was so little I have no idea!
4. Last week I got my very first ticket. I was in a car wreck, that is a whole post of it's own but I am still trying to recover from it, emotionally that is. I don't know if I will ever want to drive again. But, as my dad told me, "You've got to get back out there!" (That is so my dad.) No, really I am okay, just a little shaken up.
5. I can't stand for anyone to touch my knee caps. When I was in 5th grade my knee cap came off, my mom had trained all of her kids on how to get it back on so when it slipped off I instantly thought, "straighten my leg and push it on." It was so so so painful, just thinking about it makes me cringe! It slipped off again when I was in the 9th grade when my friend came up behind me and kicked my knees (do you remember when people use to do that, I hated that!) luckily this time my dad had me weight training :) for high school swimming and it just slipped back on. Anyway, back to the point if I am ever sitting on the ground or laying down and someone goes to step over me, I'm so afraid they'll touch my knees. I CAN'T STAND IT!!
6. Ben reminded me of this. I was the 6th grade free throw champion. That just makes me laugh thinking about it.
So there you have it! I am tagging anyone that wants to tell me 6 unique things about themselves. This was was kind of fun, I would highly suggest it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I didn't know you and Ben met when you were 10. I saw your parents the other day in Costco... can I just say hilarious?!! They crack me up.
I can't believe you got in a car accident! That is horrible, where your kids in the car? I got in an accident 9 years ago, and to this day I am still paranoid when I drive.
Sorry about the car accident!
I loved all of your things, they were very interesting and entertaining.
I love that you and Ben are high school sweethearts and I can't believe you got in a car accident! I'm so sorry. I hope you're recovering physically and emotionally! I loved reading your six things. Fun!
I hope you are doing okay after your accident. That is never fun. Loved reading your list. The knee cap thing is crazy.
I can honestly say that I was never taught to "put my knee cap back on!" My Grandparents never taught me, my parents never taught me ... consequently I've never taught my children! I feel so ignorant!
So sorry about the car accident.
Melissa,
This is Ashlee Berge Gardner. How are you? I found your blog. I love it! What a cute family. So neat. Just wanted to say hi. My blog is brianandashlee.blogspot.com
Bye Melissa
Ash
Post a Comment