. . . I am stable enough to post about my car wreck. It really wasn't a huge deal but it threw me for an emotional loop. So this is what happened . . .
I was driving to pick up Anna from preschool. The funny thing is that as I was driving to pick up Anna which is about a 15 minute drive I was thinking about all of the great things that are going on in our little family right now. I was thinking about how fun the girls have been. How school is going really well for Ben. I was thinking about our family and friends. There is nothing that brings you right back to reality, quite like getting hit by a car. If you have never been to Louisiana I will just say that the driving here is a little bit different. Anyway, in the middle of roads they have these grass medians and there are several different areas that are open so that cars can make u-turns. I had turned into one of these middle areas so that I could go straight across the other 2 lanes of traffic. A big truck stopped in the first lane to let me cross because he needed to get into the median where I was to make a u-turn. I sat there hoping that he would just pass by and make a u-turn at the next spot down the street. Needless to say, he didn't so I inched my way out and the next thing I know I was hit by a big gray truck.
Although compared to many other things this was just a minor setback in our lives however, I believe that we can learn from all experiences. So these are the things that I have been thinking about these past couple of weeks. First, I believe that we are constantly blessed by Heavenly Father in so many small ways. I have thought many times how thankful I am that I was alone. The scariest thing to me about the accident was that afterwards I looked back and some how Anna's car seat had unbuckled. As a mom, this of course sent me into a panic. What a blessing little Anna was not with me. The other thing was that the instant I was hit I instantly went into "prayer mode." It was a quiet reminder to me of the importance of prayer. And lastly after my quick prayer Ben, Ellie, and Anna came to my mind. Which was another reminder of what really matters in life and what is important.
I guess it goes without saying that this is an experience that I don't want to have again anytime soon. But thank goodness for good car insurance! Oh and can you believe that I didn't even take a picture of the car? That tells you how traumatized I was!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I'm so glad that everything is alright and I love how you realize that there is a learning lesson in all things. Car accidents are scary even when nobody is hurt. I'll never forget my first car accident ... and neither will my Dad since I totalled the family station wagon. MANY learning lessons there!
Are you ok? I swear sometimes that is just how life goes. And the sad thing is it's when you least expect it. You just have to keep counting your blessings!
I am actually kind-of a freak about accidents now, you just never know.
I'm glad you're okay. I hate having to cross through the medians for this very reason. I'm always afraid that I'm going to be broadsided by another car.
I do believe this is the craziest place I've ever lived as far as the drivers go- they are scary! It's so good to hear that you made it out fine and that you're doing okay. Also good to hear that the girls weren't with you- how frightening about Anna's car seat!
Be careful out there and stay safe.
What a relief that you are okay! Whenever I check your blog you are always such a positive person and I enjoy and learn from your thoughts!
I'm so glad everything was ok! I can definitely see why you were totally shaken up by this. I would have been a wreck. Sounds like you and your family were really being watched over!
SOMEONE IS WATCHING OVER OUR DEAR MELISSA...I SUSPECT WE ALL KNOW THAT AND WE'RE ALL GRATEFUL IT IS THE CASE!
LOVE,
GRANDPA DUFF
I am so glad you are safe! I hate when one car stops like that.
Post a Comment