Today we went to the Global Wildlife Center. It was such a neat experience. It is an hour and a half guided tour while riding on a Safari Wagon. My mom bought cups of food for the girls to feed all of the animals, which include giraffes, zebras, camels, Texas longhorns etc. The animals love to eat straight out of the cups, but you have to hold on tight because they will rip them right out of your hand.My favorite part of the day was when a giraffe came and stuck his head into the wagon, I asked the girls if they wanted to feed him. Ellie was a little nervous but Anna jumped right down and let him eat right out of her cup. It has been interesting to watch our 2nd little one be the much more daring one. Ellie prefers to watch Anna do it first and then often times follows her lead. I think that those are the only times Ellie doesn't mind if Anna wants to be the leader.
I have to admit many times throughout the tour I felt like I was on Noah's Ark but . . . without the boat or the flood... of course we do live in New Orleans so you never know about the flood part.
4 comments:
OK, I've seen this place blogged about so many times now, I guess we really need to go there! I think I'll have to wait a few months until the weather cools off, though. :) I'm a wimp!
So fun to have your mom there, though! I love having an excuse to go out and about and play (even though I know you guys have been working your tails off too!). I'm just sad because I know with your mom being here, that means your time here is growing much shorter. So sad!!
What a fun time! I can't believe you guys will be leaving New Orleans so soon. What a cool place to visit, I can't believe you get to feed all those animals. My kids would love it.
Good luck with your move. It sounds like your mom is wonderful - how nice of her to come and help pack.
i love your mom. she is just the perfect grandma.
Post a Comment