Well we surprisingly came around for the last
couple days of school.
Saturday night Ben got sick.
2:15 am on Monday morning Anna got sick.
2:30 am on Monday morning (15 minutes after Anna) Ellie got sick.
9:45 am Monday morning Cubby gets sick.
2:30 pm Monday Ben walks in the door after going to work.
3:00 pm Monday I get sick.
Tuesday Ben had a 30 hour shift.
I can't tell you how thankful I was to have
14 hours of help from Ben.
And let me tell you I would not wish this sickness on anybody!
It was an awful 24 hours.
But we have now all recovered - THANK GOODNESS!
School ended on Thursday.
I have been so excited for school to end.
We have just loved our girls teachers and
the school they have gone to this year.
It has really been a huge blessing.
But, I have been more than ready to have
all three of my little girls home with me
all to myself.
I was talking to a dear friend a little while ago
who has 2 small children.
She was talking for a moment about how
some of her days can get rather long.
I found myself missing those days when
Ellie and Anna were just my little babies.
The days when I would get to stay home all day
long with my 2 little ones.
For the days that we could stay in our
pajamas all day and read
book after book after book.
For the days we would snuggle on the couch
and watch Elmo or Dora with our snacks.
Oh I loved those days!
I also remember many days by the end
waiting on our little porch in Lousiana
thinking that Ben couldn't get there soon
enough to rescue me!
So for the next 10 weeks I am going
to soak up every minute that I can with
these two little monkeys.
(Feel free to remind me of this post when in a
couple of weeks I am going crazy!)
Ellie started making a list today of
"Things to do with Mom" for the whole summer.
I guess she will be keeping me pretty busy.
No comments:
Post a Comment