Monday, February 21, 2011

Ellie

We are lucky to have this little one.

The week of Valentines 
Ben would write her a letter every night telling her how special she was to him. 
Each letter would end with a riddle for her to figure out.
They have a special little bond that I love watching.

I am lucky for many reasons but for the past several weeks
I have been amazed that she is so aware of me.
She has noticed that my stomach is growing bigger and bigger
and is constantly asking, "what can I do for you mom?"
Every time it melts my heart.

Anna is lucky because she has an instant best friend.
Each night we find them together in one of their twin beds snuggling with one another.
The plan was that when the baby came that 
Ellie would have the guest room with the queen bed 
and Anna and Cubby would share a room.
Ellie asked if her and Anna can share the "big room" because they
"would miss being together."
How could I not say yes.
So now Sara will have a room of her own and 
Ellie and Anna will happily continue to share a room.

Cubby loves being the little sister to Ellie.
Ellie is so kind, loving, and patient with her.
All day long she asks, "where's Ellie and Anna?"
When Ellie gets home from school Sara knows that 
she gets full attention and play time until homework beings.

I can't wait to see Ellie become a big sister again.
She is already talking about sitting 
on the couch and holding the baby for me while I cook dinner.
When Sara was born she would sit on the 
couch and hold her for hours.
She is such a wonderful little helper.

We love you Ellie Louise
and we couldn't be luckier to have you.

2 comments:

shelby said...

Totally made my heart melt! You have the most beautiful kids!

Candy said...

Ellie is such a special little girl. I can't believe she is almost 9 years old. It has been a great 9 years watching her grow. I sure do love her. Grandma Candy