Sunday, March 02, 2008

Tagged

20 years ago - I was 8 years old (am I really getting that old?). I was probably just loving life. I was very busy going to school, swimming, playing the piano, dancing, and doing gymnastics (my mom kept us very busy)! I was also a girl scout brownie, Ben doesn't know if he believes this, he wanted me to repeat all of the motto's and everything. Like I remember any of that. Don't you just do girl scouts for the cookies? Anyway, life was good!

10 years ago - It was my freshman year at BYU. I had just finished my first conference championship swimming meet. This was one of my top 3 favorite swim meets of my life. It was the fastest that I had ever swam up to this point and I will never forget how excited my swim coach was after my 200 back. Anyone who knows Stan (my coach) will know that it was a big deal to get him jumping up and down. I will never forget standing on the podium after that race.
I was enjoying every moment that I got to spend with Ben. He had just got his mission call (while I was at my conference swim meet) to Neuquen, Argentina. I was very nervous to have him leave but I was so proud of him. He left June 10, 1998.

5 years ago - I had graduated from BYU and was coaching Pleasant Grove high school swim team. Ellie was 10 months old and I was enjoying every minute with her. She was such a great baby.

3 years ago - We had moved here for medical school 8 months prior and I was still trying to get comfortable with the idea. I was busy taking care of my 2 little friends, Ellie was 2 years old and Anna was 9 months old.

1 year ago - Ellie was going to preschool 3 times and week with her friend Carston. She loved her teachers Miss Kathy and Miss Carol. We were busy building our garden and we had so much fun watching it grow. We spent a lot of time outside playing baseball, soccer, golf, jumping on the trampoline, swinging, and swimming.

So far this year - Now that we know that we are going to be moving, I have been really trying to enjoy every minute that we still live here. So the highlight so far this year is definitely Mari Gras!

Yesterday - We went to church and then had our friends, The Calder's, over for dinner. It was so nice out that we played outside for hours. It was a great day.

Today - I will walk Ellie to school, the weather is so great I have to take advantage of it. Then I will come home and do my cleaning schedule, Monday's I wash the sheets, wipe down the bedrooms and vacuum. Doesn't that sound exciting. I will enjoy Ben because he doesn't have to go to work until 11:00am that's a first this year, Yea! Anna and I will probably play with her my little ponies and read lots and lots of books. Then I pick up Ellie from school and I take the girls to their music class, which they LOVE LOVE LOVE! Then we will come home have dinner, homework, tubby time, read, and go to bed. Then enjoy alone time with Ben, unless he is busy. But at least he is scheduled in :)

Tomorrow - Usually I drop Ellie off at school and then take Anna to pre school. I will have to see if Anna is walking yet because of her hurt leg. After I take the girls to school I get to go to the gym and workout. Then I come home and clean the bathrooms and get ready for the day. I pick up Anna from school and then we come home and have lunch together. Then she is usually tired and wants to watch a show on TV. Then we get ready and go pick up Ellie from school and go to gymnastics. Come home have dinner, homework, tubby time, read, and go to bed.

This year - I guess that I will write my wish list. The plan is that we will be moving in the middle of the summer. I will enjoy being around family again and be missing all of our friends here. Hopefully everything will work out just perfectly and Ben will match at the perfect residency for us (wherever that is?). I would LOVE to take a religion class and photography class and maybe one other class at BYU. I really need to get my brain working again!

Thanks Becky, this was a fun tag.

And don't worry everybody, I'm not tagging anybody else. Unless of course you feel inspired after reading mine and want to do your own :)

5 comments:

Shannon said...

I loved this! I think I'll sit down and write it out for myself. It hardly seems real that you will be gone this next year. We'll miss you but we're excited to hear about all of your adventures. We need to get together more before your time in N.O. is over so we can enjoy this time! Thanks for inspiring me to start a blog. I'm going to start working on it today!
PS. Thanks for a wonderful time yesterday.

Becky T said...

Yay, Melissa! thanks for playing. I loved reading this about you! And I know I said it before, but we are really going to miss you when you move! We need to get together more (I'm sure everyone is saying that, huh?!!).

By the way, Tyler thinks the picture of Anna in the hospital are just "so sad". He says he feels so bad for her!

King Family said...

Your blog is always so motivating for me. You are such a great mom.

shelby said...

Doesnt time go by so fast! I am so sorry to hear about anna's leg, that is so sad! I hope she gets felling better soon!

LaRee said...

Melissa,
It's LaRee Merrell Hansen! It was good seeing you this summer! You have beautiful girls!