Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Ouch!



Here is little Anna in the hospital with what they call a "possible buckle fracture." Poor little thing, I feel so bad for her. We were having a typical afternoon, Ellie had just got home from school and Anna was so excited that she was running and slipped on her coloring mat. She started to cry and we could tell instantly that she was really hurt. She finally feel asleep in my arms (which NEVER happens) and when she woke up was still crying about her leg. We decided that we better take her to the hospital which was very upsetting to Anna, we kept reassuring her that she wasn't going to get a shot but come to find out she thought that they were going to cut her leg off. I felt so bad for her. The people at the hospital knew Ben so they were so great with Anna which made the whole experience much better. She will be going back for x rays on Friday and hopefully everything will still be okay. They won't cast it or anything we just have to wait for it to heal. So for the next several days it looks like I will be carrying Anna everywhere we go. Ellie told Anna before bed tonight that if she needed anything to just call for her and she will get it for her, we will see how long that will last for :)

These pictures from the hospital are from Ben's phone. Anna brought her 2 unicorns to keep her company.

When we got home from the hospital Anna said that she needed to watch "Mermaid Dora" to make her feel better. She caught on pretty quickly that she can milk this a little bit!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Grandpa Duff said...

Dear Anna Bell...

Mimi and Grandpa Duff love you and hope that your leg heals quickly. Seeing the picture of you in the hospital makes us a little sad! Ellie will help you...just call for her and remember to tell her thank you!

Love,

Mimi and Grandpa Duff

Lacy said...

That is so sad. I don't know if there is anything worse than seeing your kid in pain. She is so cute.

jules said...

Poor thing!

Karen said...

Proof of the danger of those coloring mats ... there should be a law against them I say!

I'm a little surprised that they aren't going to give her some kind of immobilization. What does Dr. Ben say?

The Jesperson Family said...

Poor Anna, hopefully it heals quickly!

Becky T said...

Oh, poor Anna! That is so sad and I'm s ure it does hurt so bad. Hopefully it will all be okay. Let us know if you need anything! And I hope you survive the days of her 'being down' and milking this for all its worth! ha ha!

Holly said...

Oh, I am so sorry! There is nothing worse than when the babies don't feel good. She looks like she is being very brave though.

Good luck hanging in there Melissa . . .

mccready's said...

Poor, poor Anna. We really missed her today and we hope that she feels better soon. (Just so you know, Lizzy started saying "Anna! Anna!" while we were looking at the picture of her! She's worried about her too!)

Amy Morris said...

Oh, poor little Anna! We hope you feel better- It sounds like your big sister is going to extra good care of you!