The first day of school.
Today I always have so many mixed emotions.
I can't believe summer is already over.
We really had such a great summer this year.
And I have loved getting the girls all to myself all day every day.
Last night as we had their "school eve dinner"
I asked every one their favorite thing about summer:
Anna - Going to Utah and when dad came to Utah.
Ellie- Swimming, staying at the cabin, seeing grandmas, grandpas, cousins, aunts & uncles
Mom- That everyone was kind to each other and happy.
Dad- Going to Utah, the cabin, and swimming in our pool.
And their favorite thing about starting school:
Anna - Meeting new friends.
Ellie - Seeing Hannah.
Mom - All the neat things the girls are going to learn about and
all the new friends they will meet.
Dad - All the fun activities the girls are going to do.
They have been counting down the days for school to start for a week.
Do all kids do that or does that just mean I have been getting a little boring? :)
Oh well.
They were happy today as we walked to school.
As we got close Anna got a little nervous and grabbed onto my hand.
Not her usual little personality.
About 10 steps later she saw one of her friends and ran to give her a hug.
It was nice to know she still needed me for just a moment :)
Ellie as always was nervous that we were going to be late,
even if we are there 10 minutes early.
She quickly calmed down the second she saw her best friend, Hannah.
We are so thrilled that they are in the same class again this year.
So here is to another year.
I hope it is great.
I am off to make the traditional first day of school chocolate chip cookies.
2 comments:
Ahhh, the first day of school...leaves me with such mixed emotions! I just want to push pause sometimes, a lot of times really! The girls are just beautiful and looking so grown up!
The first day of school is so exciting. Can't believe they are in First and Third Grade already. They are both such good little students.
Love, Grandma Candy
Post a Comment