Friday, August 05, 2011

Our little fish

This little child cracks me up.
Sara took swim lessons while we were in Utah.
I can't express how much she loved them.
There was no hesitation to anything.
Here she is waving before she jumps off the diving board.
The only negative thing about the swim lessons 
was that they just weren't long enough for our little monkey.
The teacher would ask at the end of the lesson, 
"Do you want your smiley face stamp?"
Cubby would quickly sit on her hands hoping that the lesson would be longer
if she didn't say "yes" to the stamp.
Once she realized the lesson would end anyway she stopped sitting on her hands :)
Yes, she can be a little stinker sometimes!
At the beginning of the summer her teacher said,
"Now you know her ability level is not as high as her confidence level."
I just laughed. Anyone who knows Sara would say that 
explains her personality perfectly.
She thinks she can do anything and everything.
Maybe that comes with watching her two older sisters 
and thinking that she is as big as they are.

With that said, I think we are close to getting our skill level and confidence level in line.
Today she made it across our pool on her own.
Obviously it will be many years until I feel safe with this little monkey in the water
but here's to making progress!

1 comment:

Candy said...

Sara is going to be a great little swimmer too. Love Grandma Candy