Thursday, August 11, 2011

Seven

Our sweet little Anna Bell turned seven.
I don't know what we would do without this little.
She keeps things around our house much more exciting and fun.
I think because she was my baby for so long sometimes I still
think of her as "my little one."
There are many things that I wish that I could always remember about her at this age
here are just a few...
*She makes friends everywhere and anywhere we go.  
I can't tell you how many times we have pulled up to the park and she has yelled,
"Look at all the kids.  I'm going to meet so many new friends today."
*She loves to collect things.
Whether it is something out of my recycle bin, something she finds outside or at the playground 
she wants to keep it and find a way to use it.
It can drive me a little crazy.
We have learned to work together.  
She now has a bin and can fill it with whatever she wants but once the bin is full 
she has to throw some stuff away  so she can make room for more of her little treasures.
*She is such a great big sister.
She is wonderful with Cubby.  She will play make believe for hours with her.
I love listening to them play with one another and how sweetly she talks to Sara.
*She loves to plan things.
This year by June she had her entire
birthday party planned, invitations made, and games planned
*Lately she has grown so much that I have been asked at least a dozen times
if her and Ellie are twins.  They think it is so funny.
*For the moment her favorite toy is La La Loopsy's
The other day we were out swimming and sure enough there is her La La Loopsy doll
on the kick board changed into her swim suit.  Anna said, "She wanted to sunbathe with us."
Where she got the word "sunbathe" I have no idea :)
*Favorite color is Turquoise
*She has really started to enjoy reading.
She is busy reading The Magic Tree House series and The Magic School Bus series.
*Her favorite food is Spaghetti.
Happy Birthday to you!
 Thank You Jessie
you captured her perfectly!

3 comments:

Candy said...

Anna is such a darling little 7 year old. We are so glad she had her birthday in Utah. Love, Grandma Candy

Holly said...

This made me smile! My Anna is also what we call a pack rat, and I am constantly asked if the kiddos are twins/just how far apart they are. Too funny!

mccready's said...

Melissa, I have to tell you, I remember years ago when you would come pick your girls up from music lessons and Anna (your little fire cracker) would be running around. You would say, "Anna, please be obedient." And I would smile because you were so cute. Well, now I find myself saying that ALL the time (particularly to Jacob, my own little fire cracker.) I caught myself saying it recently and thought, Wow! I sound just like Melissa! I can't believe Anna is 7 and in 2nd grade... How time flies...