Sunday, August 19, 2007

Our "Louisiana" Friends

I don't know how we would have made it this past month without our Louisiana friends. Ellie has had one best friends since the day we moved to Louisiana, Carston. We love Carston. Ellie is always thinking about him and is always wanting to be with him. Our ward here in Louisiana has a lot of medical, law, and dental students always coming and going. It is sad and wonderful all at the same time. Sad because we are always saying goodbye to old friends and wonderful because each year brings a set of new students which we anxiously await to meet. This year has been another great year. There have been so many new and wonderful families. One of the families has 2 darling girls the same age as Ellie and Anna. They are such sweet girls, Janie is Ellie's age and their little one is also named Anna. Our Anna finds this quite funny that her new little friend has the same name. I am so thankful for the wonderful friendships that we have made while being in New Orleans. I am also thankful for the wonderful examples that they are to me and to my girls. I learn so much from each one of them!


Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Holly said...

I understand where you are coming from. Good friends, especially good friends your kid's age, are just so important. They really do make the days so much better. It is also so nice for you and your children to have those good friends to make up for family and friends that aren't around.

I left the comment on my blog, but I am checking on a couple of things with the pettiskirts, and then I'll get back to you.

Holly said...

Trev decided to check up on his friends today and commented on how cute the girls are!

I'll leave you alone now!

Amy Morris said...

What cute little friends! I only wish we lived closer so we could be one of your neighbor friends!

Kristel said...

Wow, what adorable girls!!!
We love our new friends and are so excited to spend many more days playing together! thanks for being such great friends...

Becky T said...

I couldn't agree more. I thinka back to the last 7 years of my life living away from family and I can definitely say that I have friends now that are as close as family. It is a wonderful thing! And these girls are so stinking cute!

Brook said...

Replaced. How will I ever tell poor Emma???

Melissa said...

I never said replaced. Nobody can replace Emma!