Saturday, November 01, 2008

39 Weeks and counting

Well we are almost there (I think). Today I was talking to Anna and Ellie about the baby coming and I started to think, "am I really ready for #3?" and of course the answer is yes but that is not without saying that I am really really nervous!

So these are all of the things that I am going to miss about carrying baby #3:
*I really enjoy most of being pregnant. There is something so miraculous about it.
*Anna rubbing my tummy and kissing my tummy every time she walks by me or sits next to me.
*Feeling her wiggle all over.
*Ellie asking every night when her baby sister is going to come.
*Ben giving me a back rub every night (I really hope that those don't stop).
*Hearing Ben, Ellie, and Anna pray for the "baby in mommy's tummy."

...and these are the things that I won't be missing
*Heartburn or as my mom would call it "throat burn" (I didn't remember this with the other two).
*Getting kicked in the ribs. They feel so bruised

*Being much less energetic. I think that the girls are wondering if I will be able to run around with them again.

*Waking up at least 5 times in the night to get comfortable or go to the bathroom. Of course soon I will just be up all night taking care of #3.
*Worrying about the actual Labor!

But, I can't wait to hold her and look at all of her little toes and fingers and to smell that newborn baby smell. We are so excited and hopefully by the time she comes we will have a name for her!

8 comments:

Karen said...

Good luck Melissa - you look fantastic!

I hated that heart burn too.

Amused Mom said...

Ahhh, the joys and woes of pregnancy! I remember sleeping better after having the baby, than during that last trimester! Good luck with everything! You look great!

shelby said...

You look awesome! I am so excited for you!

Mary said...

you look so cute... you'll do great. Can't wait to see another cute Thompson girl.

Amy Morris said...

I can't believe it! You are such a cute little mom! You look awesome!

thompson love said...

Melissa,
How can you look so gorgeous and be so pregnant? I am really going to try and follow in your footsteps. :) We can't wait to meet our new little niece. You're in our prayers, good luck!

mccready's said...

We're very excited for you and your family! I know that baby #3 will be as beautiful as babies 1 and 2! Good luck and keep us posted.

Holly said...

You look fabulous. I would never think that you were suffering from heartburn and sore ribs :) Good luck with the next little bit!