Our sweet little Sara was born on November 7, 2008.I went into the doctor with Ben on Thursday, November 6th. I had been dilated to a 3 for 3 weeks and was due on November 9. Dr. Glenn said that he would be happy to induce me the next opening if there were any spots. He called the hospital and they said that I could come in the following morning. It makes me nervous to schedule a time to go and deliver a baby. I always get so nervous for the delivery. We called the next morning at 5:30 and they told us to be down at the hospital at 6:30. My mom came and stayed with the girls and took Anna to her Kindergarten class with her and Ellie went to 1st grade right across the hall from my mom. We were down at the hospital by 6:30 and I was dilated to a 4 and by 7:30 they had already started the pitocin. Ben had been busy studying for Step 2 for all of September and October and was taking the Step 2 test the middle of November. On top of that, he was busy interviewing for Residency spots. So while I was getting ready to deliver the baby he was in the chair next to me trying to study for Step 2. I don't think that he studied more than a couple of minutes. He was too excited to meet our new little baby. After having a little break from having babies I think that we were both so anxious to hold our sweet little girl in our arms. At 10:00 am I was dilated to a 6 and after a little bit of encouragement from my sweet husband I decided to get the epidural. Dr. Glenn came in a broke my water and from there I quickly progressed. By 11:15 she was ready to come and after 3 pushes she was born at 11:32 am. Sara, you were one of the most beautiful little angels that I had ever seen. After loving you for the previous 9 months, I fell more in love with you the moment I saw you. It is amazing to think about you and love you for all those months and then to finally be able to hold you in my arms. It is one of the many things that I love about being a mom. There is nothing like watching your daddy hold you for the first time. I think you instantly stole his heart. You weighed 7 lbs. 14 oz. and were 20 inches long. You had beautiful dark hair and we were all wondering if it would have a little bit of red in it. Your sisters were so excited to come and see you. They fell in love with you instantly. You are such a blessing to our family. We love you Sara.
No comments:
Post a Comment