I never felt like we would be the ones moving on from New Orleans. We had watched so many of our friends move to their new destination after many years of some sort of work or schooling, whether it be medical, law, or dental. We were so excited for each one of those families to move on yet it was always a little bit sad for those left behind to say goodbye. And then each year there were wonderful new families to meet and become part of our "away from home family."
This year we had the opportunity to come back and be around family and for Ben to be able to do many of his away rotations in Utah. For several months we weighed our options of staying or leaving. Eventually many things fell into place and we felt like that was our answer that we should move back to Utah for the year. I thought it would be an easy move coming home to family but I quickly realized that it was very hard to leave our "Louisiana family."
All packed up and ready to go. This was a very sad moment for me. As the truck pulled away and I turned and looked at our little home that was now empty it was such an overwhelming feeling.
(Notice Ben was enjoying the hot Louisiana summer packing the truck. He would sweat through his shirt after being outside for about 5 minutes.)
Our last night in New Orleans we went for snowballs with 2 families that we just love. Here is Ellie with some of her best little friends, Janie and Mark. Ellie and Janie did gymnastics and music together, you don't find a sweeter little girl than her.
"Anna Bell" with "little Anna" (even though "little Anna" is 10 months older!)
They love sharing the same name and quickly figured out how they were going to clarify who was who.
(Notice Ben was enjoying the hot Louisiana summer packing the truck. He would sweat through his shirt after being outside for about 5 minutes.)
They love sharing the same name and quickly figured out how they were going to clarify who was who.
3 comments:
bitter sweet. it's so hard to leave great friends but so nice to live by family. i'm still kicking myself for not coming to visit while you lived there. it went by so fast.
Oh sad...we really miss you guys so much! Just the other day Janie said "mom I really miss Ellie". Call me when you get a chance...did you get my message? I can't believe I haven't talked to you for so long!!!
It is hard leaving friends, but you get the benefits of having family around and your kids get to enjoy Grandma & Granpa. Enjoy Utah for all of us who can't be there with you. I'm glad you are back up and I can read about your cute family!
Post a Comment