The final and last day. We got all of the packing done and so we celebrated by going to our favorite places - Raising Cane's - which has the best chicken fingers ever and . . .
Thank you mom for the hours and hours of entertaining the girls and for the hours and hours of packing. We Love You!
When we dropped my mom off at the airport I immediately starting getting emotional, like I always do and Ben said, "Miss you are going to see all our family in a couple of weeks." I told him that it wasn't that, for the first time I realized that soon I would be leaving "our home." I remember Sharleen coming to help me unpack in our little house like it was yesterday and as she got in the car to leave I wanted to yell "please take me with you." But over the years I have grown to love it here. I love the things that my girls have learned from living here, just yesterday I made the girls pancakes and I asked Anna if she wanted another one and she said, "Yes ma'am." I love watching the girls chase the lizards all over our backyard. The thing that we will miss the most is the friends that we have grown to love and who have become a part of our family. There are so many memories that we will always cherish about living here in the "Big Easy."
4 comments:
I can't wait to hear where your next adventures will be. This is just the beginning!
And I've said it before ... I'll probably say it a million more times ... Hooray for Grandma Candy!
OK, this totally made me cry at the end because I totally feel the same way. Isn't it crazy what ends up growing on you? We are going to miss your little family so much! And I can't wait to see your new addition and hear about your new adventures, but I sure am gonna miss you! :) Call me this week while you don't have anything to do--we can go swimming!
Melissa, your mom is amazing!!! This post almost made me cry to see you endure such big changes. I'm sure you will learn to love your next adventure as you learned to love the previous ones.
Oh, I miss Cane's. Did you get the lemonade too?
I am sure it was nice to have your mom help. I would hate to move while being pregnant.
And I still say yes ma'am and yes sir, it's a hard habit to break.
Post a Comment