And now it is Ellie's turn to throw the beads. They give the kids in Ellie's school the choice of being IN the parade or catching the beads. This was a big decision for Ellie but when I told her that this might be the only Mardi Gras parade that she gets to be in she decided that she wanted to throw the beads.
We were so excited because Ben got to come and be at the parade. Ben walked next to Ellie while she threw beads from the truck and I was with Anna busy catching all of the beads.
I was a little shocked by the whole elementary school Mardi Gras parade thing. I was picturing something little and not too elaborate. Let's just say that major streets were shut down for this parade and there was a police escort and a marching band to start the whole shabang. I have learned that there is no such thing as a "small" mardi gras parade.

2 comments:
LOVE her leopard print! Why don't we all celebrate Mardi Gras?????
Ellie's mask and outfit are incredible!!! How fun to have taken part in such a big parade.
Ellie putting her beads back in Anna's bag is so sweet. You can tell they really love each other.
Post a Comment