Every week I get to go and help in Ellie's classroom. I am in charge of bringing an activity that goes along with the class's weekly theme. I thought that I would share some of the ideas that I have found because I know that I am always searching for fun things to do my girls.

So this week the theme was penguins. THIS activity entitled "Blubber Glove" was one that the kids loved. The other activity was making these cute "feet penguins." We traced the kids feet, cut them out, and then turned them upside down and that is the penguins body. Then the kids painted the inside of the penguins body white (you could also use a white crayon).
Then we had the kids put their fingers together and we traced just the fingers, cut them out and used them for the penguins flippers. Then we gave each child a orange square which they folded in half for the penguins beak and then they glued "googly" eyes on the penguin. For some reason the kids LOVE googly eyes. Some of the kids wanted to put their penguin on blue paper and color a winter scene with a white crayon.
Anna loved these so much that when we got home we made penguins from all of our feet so we ended up with a whole family of penguins on the fridge.
So this week the theme was penguins. THIS activity entitled "Blubber Glove" was one that the kids loved. The other activity was making these cute "feet penguins." We traced the kids feet, cut them out, and then turned them upside down and that is the penguins body. Then the kids painted the inside of the penguins body white (you could also use a white crayon).
Then we had the kids put their fingers together and we traced just the fingers, cut them out and used them for the penguins flippers. Then we gave each child a orange square which they folded in half for the penguins beak and then they glued "googly" eyes on the penguin. For some reason the kids LOVE googly eyes. Some of the kids wanted to put their penguin on blue paper and color a winter scene with a white crayon.
Anna loved these so much that when we got home we made penguins from all of our feet so we ended up with a whole family of penguins on the fridge.

1 comment:
That is so cute! I bet Ellie's class just loves you. I will have to try this with Annie.
Post a Comment